The Good Food Institute Europe (GFI Europe) is looking for a Policy Officer to influence how quickly Europe moves to a more ethical and sustainable food system. If you’re excited about using your policy-influencing skills to transform the global food system, we’d love to hear from you!
You will work to drive policy impact for sustainable proteins – plant-based and cultivated meat (grown from cells) – in Brussels and beyond. You will work closely with the rest of our friendly and passionate European policy team, supporting the team’s EU lobbying activities and also leading your own projects within our policy workstreams. This will include identifying opportunities to achieve maximum impact by undertaking thorough research, and rallying like-minded organisations and individuals to amplify our impact. There will be significant opportunity to grow and take on new responsibilities, and to build experience in areas that are of particular interest over time.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply.
- Full-time (flexible hours), permanent. Requests for part time hours (0.5 FTE or above) can be considered.
- Home-based/remote from anywhere in Europe.
- Salary and benefits: €2,500 – €2,750 gross monthly salary plus benefits. The approximate annual value of the gross salary plus benefits package would be: €39,700 to €43,200. This range and benefits package is based on a Brussels hire and will be adjusted based on local nonprofit norms if hired elsewhere in Europe.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Enthusiasm for driving policy change at EU level.
- Experience working on policy in the EU, or at a national or multilateral level, for example in a government, public institution, political party, NGO, think tank, industry association, public affairs agency, consulting firm, lobbying organisation or other relevant institution.
- Excellent people and communication skills – the ability to influence, network, build alliances and work well in a team.
For more information about this role and to see the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please check out the full job description on our website (https://gfieurope.org/careers/policy-officer/).
If you have any questions, join us for a live Q&A on 14 June at 12pm BST/1pm CEST: https://zoom.us/j/97891089420