Permanent – £30000
A fantastic opportunity for a Sous Chef has arisen in a high profile law firm in Central London. You must be passionate about food and using the very best fresh, local ingredients. As a Sous Chef you will be responsible for overseeing the kitchen in the Head Chefs absence. You will have the opportunity to work in Day catering where you will be providing high volume, fast-paced food service with outstanding quality but also assisting in our hospitality kitchen where you will be helping to providing fine dining, previous experience in fine dining is essential.
- Assist the Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen, including the preparation of all foods, stock taking and looking after HACCAP.
- Ready to take control of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers.
- Present all dishes to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour.
- To cost all menus in accordance with the budget, record daily wastage and quantities sold
- A desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- Superb culinary skills and is willing to always push culinary boundaries.
- Ideally have worked in a restaurant/hospitality/hotel kitchen
- Has experience of leading a small team or section
- Able to work on your own and be a great team player
- A ‘Can do’ attitude
We are proud to be a Disability employer, we will ensure that a fair number of disabled applicants who meet the entry criteria for this position will be offered an interview.