You don’t need to go to university to kickstart your career!
By choosing Primary Goal as your training provider not only will you be learning whilst you’re earning you will also be keeping up to date with the latest technology. At the same time, you will gain amazing industry recognised Microsoft qualifications without the need of going to college: –
- Microsoft MTA Server Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Mobility & Devices Fundamentals
- BCS Business Processes
We are recruiting on behalf of Joskos Solutions where you will gain valuable experience and a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification. We pride ourselves on the support we give our apprentices, you won’t be left on your own to figure things out, we will support you throughout your apprenticeship journey together with your employer!
The role will be based in Bristol Free School.
About the Employer:
Joskos is an award-winning service provider to schools, colleges and Multi Academy Trusts across the UK. They are an ambitious, exciting company that places its people and delivering outstanding service to their customers above all.
They are one of the key suppliers on the Crown Commercial Services ICT Services Framework and have established an account base of support contract holders, key spending sites and Free Schools & UTCs, and with this a number of existing and emerging Multi Academy Trusts (MATs).
Joskos Solutions is the ICT partner that schools can trust, delivering outstanding service and support whilst keeping education at the heart of what they do.
Their vision is to become the UK’s most trusted provider of ICT support and Infrastructure Services to schools and other educational organisations - a provider of outstanding service at every level, delivering award-winning service that is used as a benchmark for the education ICT sector. They want to be the ICT partner that schools can trust and turn to for everything ICT-related, always combining service and relationship longevity into the solutions and service that they take pride in delivering.
About the Opportunity:
Being part of the Primary Goal community will give apprentices access to a range of other apprentices (with varying levels of experience) who can share good practice and offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other.
Apprentices will have access to specialist industry partners for technology on hand to provide advice and support, access to resources and themed training days.
The Primary Goal portal is an online dashboard that will provide apprentices with a knowledge base to access information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
Successful apprentice will work towards the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard including MTA Network Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Software Development and ITIL Foundation Level.
What you will be doing:
- Delivering frontline support to clients and will therefore be required to build rapport and have a friendly telephone manner. Technical support will be related to computer systems, hardware, or software.
- Responding to queries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems and determining and implementing solutions
- Follow up with customers to ensure the issue has been resolved to high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Prioritising and managing assigned workload
- Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers through the quality of customer service, meeting their needs and demonstrating the added value of the service provided
- Build key relationships with key technical contacts at client sites and third parties
- Escalation of hardware and software issues to the relevant parties
- Escalation of Active Directory, Hardware, Backup and Windows Server issues to the relevant parties
- Technical support of a classroom environment, including interactive displays, printers workstations
The training you’ll be provided with:
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to satisfy pre-employment screening checks such as an enhanced DBS Check.
Monday to Friday 37 hours per week – working pattern to be confirmed.
£11,000 – £14,0000 per annum for the first 12 months. The remaining 6 months of the apprenticeship programme will be paid at the National Minimum wage for your age.
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Where a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
PLEASE NOTE that we will require a copy of your personal CV.
When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally