You don’t need to go to university to kickstart your career!
By choosing Primary Goal as your training provider not only will you be learning whilst you’re earning you will also be keeping up to date with the latest technology. At the same time, you will gain amazing industry recognised Microsoft qualifications without the need of going to college: –
- Microsoft MTA Server Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Mobility & Devices Fundamentals
- BCS Business Processes
We are recruiting on behalf of Soft Egg where you will gain valuable experience and a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification. We pride ourselves on the support we give our apprentices, you won’t be left on your own to figure things out, we will support you throughout your apprenticeship journey together with your employer!
About the Employer:
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a special business who works with schools providing IT services for the past 12 years.
About the Opportunity:
Looking for Superheroes to join their team due to their continued growth.
Soft Egg are looking for 1st Line Technical staff to join their already successful Technical team to deliver outstanding technical support.
Their team is excellent but they always want to improve. You’ll be enthusiastic with a positive attitude; dedicated and willing to work hard, sometimes under high pressure. Your responsibilities will include managing your own support tickets to ensure you are surprising and delighting our customers
What you will be doing:
You will be part of the Help Desk team dealing with support requests via, phone and email.
- Provide support across the estate. mainly within a Microsoft Infrastructure
- Identify root causes of recurring incidents
- Respond to and resolve tickets
- Drive continuous improvements and deliver the best solutions
- Be involved with project roll-outs (deploying new devices) both remotely and onsite
The training you’ll be provided with:
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skill
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to completing the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology
- Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT and keeps up to date with current technology and trends
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (Flexi hours are available)
£6.50ph for the first 12 months. The remaining 6 months of the Apprenticeship will be paid at the National Minimum Wage according to your age.
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Where a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
PLEASE NOTE that we will require a copy of your personal CV.
When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally