Would you like to work on advanced high grade crypto systems and key management systems to protect Governments, Military, Enterprise Organisations and Essential National Infrastructure from cyber threats?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Software Engineer within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
As the Senior Software Engineer you will possess a strong background in software design and development in a resource constrained / embedded environment predominantly using C++.
You will bring a broad technical expertise and strong leadership skills. You will be responsible for actively participating in and driving technical conversations, leading Scrum teams, removing obstacles and orchestrating sprint plans.
Key objectives for the position:
– Collaborates with Product Managers/Owners, Design Authorities, Software Engineers and Quality Engineers to develop the best solutions and improve time to market while ensuring project quality goals are achieved.
– Provides technical expertise, removes obstacles and leads/facilitates the troubleshooting of problems in development, test and overall execution.
– Ensures compliance with software development and quality engineering best practices, as well as, IM audit/compliance and security policies and standards.
– Promote Software Design based on proven design patterns using modelling such as UML.
– Drives the iterative development process, monitors team workflow and provides guidance to team members; Facilitates team ceremonies such as stand ups, backlog refinement, sprint planning and team demos; Reports progress metrics on a regular basis
– Coaches team members on development practices and fosters a positive work environment
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level and be willing to obtain DV level.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
– Familiar with pertinent design and architectural patterns.
– Object oriented analysis, design and development designed using UML.
– Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability,
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally