In light of the recent coronavirus pandemic, many businesses in the United Kingdom have had to adjust their methods of operation to provide more work-from-home possibilities. For some people with disabilities, this has exponentially opened up the world of work, providing new access to jobs. To offer you an insight into what’s available today, this article will list 20 UK companies offering disabled-friendly work-from-home jobs!
The Benefits of Working From Home
People with disabilities frequently experience barriers to employment due to inaccessible working environments or discriminatory attitudes from employers. Luckily, with the rise in work-from-home opportunities, many disabled people can now work from the comfort of their own homes, boosting chances of employment.
Work-from-home opportunities offer relief from long-term travel for people with disabilities surrounding mobility or chronic fatigue. Additionally, disabled people often find that working from home allows you to control your own environment and manage time more flexibly – both of which can be highly beneficial when living with a disability.
20 Companies with Work From Home Opportunities
A disabled person should never feel limited in their job search; plenty of disabled-friendly work-from-home jobs are available. Here is a list of 20 UK companies that have recently created or adapted work-from-home jobs for disabled employees:
- Aurora – Aurora is a customer service provider with opportunities for disabled people to work from home as advisors.
- Avanti Tax Solutions Ltd – This company offers disabled individuals the opportunity to do bookkeeping and accounts work from home.
- BBC – The BBC offers a range of work-from-home opportunities, including disabled-friendly roles.
- British Council – The British Council has a range of work from home roles for disabled people, including customer service and language teaching.
- British Heart Foundation – This charity offers a work from home opportunity for a Community Fundraiser.
- Capita plc – Capita plc is a large company that often has work-from-home opportunities available, including one for an Inbound Customer Service Advisor.
- Citizens Advice – This national organisation offers disabled people the chance to be advisers in their Work From Home program.
- Discounts and More Ltd – There are data entry work-from-home opportunities for this company based in East Yorkshire.
- Experian Credit Expert – This credit checking organisation has positions for disabled workers to do telecommunications at home.
- Handicare Group Limited – The HandiCARE division of the larger group focuses on providing disabled people the chance to work from home.
- Jobcentre Plus – The government has disabled-friendly roles available in a number of Jobcentres around the United Kingdom, including one for an IT Support Officer based at home.
- Kelly Services – This company offers disabled workers teleworking opportunities as Trainee Recruitment Consultants.
- Key Options Ltd – Disabled workers can do telephone work-from-home jobs for this company based in Birmingham.
- PTSI Limited – This disabled-friendly organisation offers a number of roles working from your own home office.
- Sainsbury’s Bank – This company has work-from-home opportunities for disabled people as Fraud Investigators.
- Skipton Building Society – This financial service company offers disabled people the chance to be a Member Relations Advisor, working remotely.
- The British Red Cross – One of their many work-from-home roles is for an e-Learning Coordinator, which can be done remotely.
- The Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) – This registered charity offers disabled people the chance to work from home in a number of different ways.
- The Salvation Army – One of their many roles that can be done remotely is for an Income Officer.
- TUC – Disabled-friendly work-from-home opportunities at the Trade Union Congress include one as a Digital Communications Officer.
While this list is not exhaustive, we hope that it has given you an idea of some of the work-from-home jobs available for disabled jobseekers! For inclusive job opportunities, take a look at our specialist jobs board! Alternatively, there are more resources for disabled jobseekers at Careers with Disabilities.